Puffco Plus is one of the sleekest-looking vape pens around. It features a mouthpiece with a built-in dab tool and has a ceramic chamber that produces mild and tasty vapor.
- Coil-less ceramic bowl
- Built in extendable loading tool
- Built in carb cap
- 3 heat settings
- Sesh-mode functionality
- Fast charging
- Long battery life
- Precision machined alloy housing
- Fingerprint resistant coating
The Plus has a silver metallic finish with a fingerprint-proof coating which makes it shiny and classy. It looks good in the eyes and when you hold it—even though it has a slim and thin body—it’s durable and built to last. It’s an easy-to-use vaporizer since it has a single button that is used to turn on/off the device and maneuver through different temperature settings.
The mouthpiece is the standout feature of the Plus because it both has the design and innovation I’ve been looking for in a vape pen:
- On the outside: The mouthpiece narrows as it approaches the tip, giving it a different look than the hourglass shape you see in a lot of other vape pen mouthpieces. It feels good inhaling from it even though the shape is kind of different from the norm.
- On the inside: It has a dab tool built right into the mouthpiece. It’s called, “Dart” and it’s very useful because you have one less accessory to carry around. Considering how easy it is to lose a dab tool, having one integrated into the vape pen is a thoughtful design decision. The tool works better with thicker extracts than runnier ones because it’s better at sticking than scooping, so you should keep that in mind when using it.
Also, the mouthpiece serves as a carb-cap and splash-guard, meaning it allows concentrates to be vaporized evenly to produce a more potent and tasty vapor while protecting you from “spit-back” as you inhale.
However, the mouth tip (plunger) that is used to extend the Dart can make inhaling from the device feel a little strange at first. You get used to it pretty quickly but remember to make sure that your fingers are clean when using it since your mouth will be going there later.
The Plus has a Ceramic coil that produces strong and cleaner vapor. And since Ceramic is a neutral material, it does not have any effect on the flavor of the wax so the taste is pure. It does have a slow heat time compared to rod coils but it heats the wax more evenly. However, ceramic coils can be a little fragile, they can get a crack or break if you dropped it. So take extra care especially when you’re cleaning the device.
How to use
The Plus is a simple and straightforward device like most of the vape pens. It also has a Sesh Mode where it heats up continuously for twelve seconds. This can be done by rapidly clicking the power button, twice. This is a great feature especially if you want longer sessions since you don’t need to hold down the power button to do so. Whether this is your first vape pen or your tenth, you won’t have any problems using the Plus.
To use it you need to:
- Remove the mouthpiece from the battery and press down on the plunger to extend the dart.
- Dab the dart into your wax to collect a small pea-sized amount.
- Place the wax into the coil chamber and then reattach the mouthpiece to the battery.
- Power up the device by pressing the power button five times.
- Press the power button four times to cycle through the different temperature settings.
- Once heating is complete, inhale from the mouthpiece while holding down the power button.
Cleaning and maintenance
The Plus is pretty easy to clean. You can just use one of the included cleaning swabs that have been soaked in isopropyl alcohol to wipe away any excess residue in the bowl. For a stubborn residue, you can engage sesh mode repeatedly on the highest setting—this will melt any excess residue.
Since the dab tool is integrated into the mouthpiece, you’ll need to clean that too, but doing so is even easier than cleaning the bowl. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth and you’re done.
Performance & vapor quality
The heat-up time is quite slow since it uses a ceramic bowl compared to some vape pens but the flavor produced by the Plus is phenomenal. And since it doesn’t heat up quickly, there is less burning of the wax and prevents the body from overheating. The draw resistance is good that you can get smooth and flavorful vapor at any temp settings but the middle one is my favorite.
Some people might lament the fact that the Plus doesn’t include a rod coil like most vape pens do but the flavor is so good that I don’t think that most will mind. The only problem anyone could have with the ceramic coil instead of a rod coil is that it doesn’t produce the dense vapor clouds that some people like.
The Plus uses a 520mAh battery that lasts for just under an hour, which should be a full day for most users. It can recharge in thirty to forty-five minutes which is much faster than some vape pens in the same category.
Whats in the box
– Puffco Plus Silver Concentrate Vaporizer
– Dual tools (5 pack)
– USB supercharger